Wednesday, July 17, 2013

No More Secrets

Last spring I was working on a project that I hinted about here on the blog. I couldn't share it with you then, but now I can.  I was working on an article for Quilting Arts. And it's in this issue (Aug/Sep 2013), just out now.


My article is about my quilts that I create from my sketchbook pages. These quilts are story quilts as they usually have a scene with characters. As I work on the quilts I like to imagine how the story goes.


Here is a look at the three quilts I made for the article.

Pink Parasol

Checking Out the Neighborhood

Green Vase
For those of you who read Quilting Arts, I hope you enjoy the article.

In other news...I received some wonderful news yesterday. I found out that the quilt entry I submitted to the International Quilt Festival in Houston was accepted. My quilt will be hanging in the show this fall. Woo hoo! I haven't shared that quilt either here on the blog and it will be a little while yet before I will share it....sorry!

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations. My Quilting Arts arrived yesterday and I have it packed to enjoy on my long weekend at our national quilt symposium. Thanks for the sneak preview ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article! I get my Quilting Arts delivered as a digital version through Zinio.....your article is so informative, inspirational and just plain gorgeous to view!
    Congratulations on your full 4 page spread AND your acceptance into IQS....so exciting...does it get any better? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on both fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is terrific news, Terri! Good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY Terri! Now I have to go find the magazine!!! and a second YAY! that your quilt was accepted :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how wonderful! I am looking forward to reading your article

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS TERRI!!! I can't wait to get my copy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I got my copy yesterday and was so excited to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome - where is my copy... I need to sit on the curb until the mail truck comes by! My buddy, Mary Lachman also has an article in the same issue... such company I keep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Terri, on both accomplishments!

    Got my mag yesterday and loved your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Terri! Well deserved. I will be reading your article soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS to you! How exciting on both counts. Very proud of you.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  13. Time for a stop at B&N to see if I can buy a copy of QArts. I am so happy for you that you scored twice this month. Del

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited to be in this issue with you! Your Twelve by Twelve group was my inspiration and introduction to the world of Art Quilting! My piece,'URMTYPE' was only the 2nd one I'd ever made! Now I'm going to crawl into bed and reread your article. For some reason I wasn't connecting you to the 12x12 ... how very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. big congrats on both! I can't afford to subscribe to quilting arts anymore but I do always take a look when ever I get to a JoAnns store-a few times a year-will keep a look out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that's wonderful, congratulations! I'll have to look whether that magazine is available here in Australia, would love to read the article!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! I can't wait for mine to arrive. I do love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Terri - I just saw your feature in Quilting Arts. Beautiful work. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on both the article (I saw it the other day!) and getting a quilt into Houston. That's fabulous news!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.