Thursday, June 23, 2016

New Stencils


I designed some new 12" x 24" stencils for StencilGirl a few months ago and today they are now available. I love working with these larger stencils. They work so well with painting on large pieces of fabric. The following samples are painted on cotton duck fabric and can be used for any number of sewing projects.




When I paint on fabric that will be sewn into a pillow cover, tote bag, or whatever, I like to use textile paints as they have a softer hand when dry and that makes for an ideal sewing experience.

The following table runner was hemmed before I painted and then I used artist acrylic paints and finished off with a coat of water-based varnish to make a surface that is easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth if needed.


Pillow covers are always a fun and quick project and I share a tutorial on how to make one with a zipper closure. Click here for the Pillow Cover Tutorial.


You will find all these new stencils and all the ones I have designed in the past on the StencilGirl web site. Click here.